Friday, April 30, 2010

Grilled Pork for the Whole Family

Growing up I always liked to watch the Chefs in the kitchen preparing meals. I loved to watch two shows in particular, Martin Yan and The Frugal Gourmet -- Jeff Smith. I bought nearly all of the Frugal Gourmet cookbooks.


The recipe I am sharing with you today comes from The Frugal Gourmet Whole Family Cookbook which came out in 1992.


Here is the recipe from page 183 of the cookbook. I should note that I do not have a grill, so in making this recipe I broiled the pork instead of grilling it.

I mixed all the ingredients in a small bowl and then trimmed the pork and put the pork in a glass pan so that I could marinate the meat.
You pour the ingredients you mixed in a bowl of the pork -- ground cumin, lemon, dry white wine, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
Then you put the pork in the refrigerator for an hour -- don't forget to turn the pork every once in a while to pick up all that wonderful flavor.
This is the time you would preheat the grill of course, then I preheated the broiler in the oven.
Put it on the grill or broil like I did and baste frequently on both sides while it is cooking.
Here is the finished product - nice and juicy. If you are able to grill it - it will have those lovely grill lines that everyone likes to see.

It tastes really yummy!

Cassandra


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment