Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Shrimp with Rice

I found this recipe in The New York Times Cookbook. The copy write date is 1961. Craig Clairborne edited the book. It is part of a 2-book collection.
Here is the book. It is definitely old. When I look in the cover I can see that the book has been taped to give it a little more support.
I have to be honest, I made this recipe with brown rice, and added the shrimp too soon, so the rice was only half cooked. The flavor was wonderful. I did not use water with this recipe, I used chicken stock. This recipe is worth trying if you love having shrimp and rice. If you use brown rice at Step 2 you should probably cook the rice covered for 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes.
So there was only one thing left to do. Put the rice back into a pan and cook it longer.
The dish the way it ought to be.






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment