Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kalamata-Lemon Chicken

I was born Italian, but  there is a little bit of Greek in me. So when I saw this dish had a Mediterranean style  flavor I couldn't resist. I liked the flavor. It's supposed to be served in a shallow bowl, and trust me, this dish is very easy. I found this recipe on Food.com.


Kalamata-Lemon Chicken
This is a very good Mediterranean style chicken dish that I love (lemon lover here). You just brown the chicken for a few mins and add the rest of the ingredients and place it in the oven while you go about making a salad (or whatever).
4 servings   45 min 10 min prep
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon olive oil
⅔ cup dried orzo pasta
½ cup drained pitted kalamata olives
½ lemon (cut into wedges or chunks)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
hot chicken broth (optional)
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth snipped fresh oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a 4-quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
Stir in orzo, olives, the can of broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek Seasoning, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Cover and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth, if desired. Top with snipped oregano.

I also started reading the book, The Route to Family Wisdom by Joan F. Jenks.
The book contains recipes, Meditation, and ways to work with genealogy.
At this time of year, after the recent tragedy, it is good to think about family, past and present.




Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment