Tuesday, December 25, 2012

French Apple Pie

This is my Mother's recipe for French Apple Pie. My boyfriend loves it because he has a thing for Apple Crumb Pie. It is absolutely fabulous.

I found the recipe online after a little research. Other apple pie recipes popped up when I originally started my search. I had to go through that needle in that haystack. I am so happy I found it. Here is the link.


French Apple Pie
A recipe from a Food Club pie crust box. We love the crumb topping.
Yield: 8 Servings , Total Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
1 each Ready to bake pie crust
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1/4 cup Corn starch
1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
pinch Salt
6 cups Baking apples; cored, peeled, and thinly sliced (4-5 medium apples)
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Brown sugar; firmly packed
1/2 cup Butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the pie crust over the bottom of the pie plate. Mix sugar, starch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt into bowl. Stir in sliced apples and let set for about 10 minutes while making topping. Stir to mix again. Spoon apple slices into pie crust.
To prepare crumb topping; mix together flour and brown sugar. Blend in butter or margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb topping over pie. Bake pie on sheet pan for 1 hour 30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.

Here is my Christmas tree for the holiday season. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday!






Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Wow you pie looks sooo gooddddd.
    Have a happy day
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a family favorite.
      Have a great holiday.
      Cassandra

      Delete