Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Homemade Italian Meatballs

I love cooking in the kitchen. Oftentimes I make recipes by chefs everyone has heard of. This is the first recipe I put together from scratch.  I love watching all the greats, Giada DeLaurentiis, Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, Alton Brown, Jamie Oliver, etc. I also watch Top Chef and Iron Chef. I have been bitten by the bug.
Here is a picture of the ingredients I am using for my recipe minus the basic which I forgot to include.

Italian Meatballs
Makes 4 servings

1 egg, beaten
1 lb ground meat (I like to use meatloaf mix  and my Mom uses ground chuck and ground pork if I remember correctly)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/2 c milk
1 c bread cubes (best us French or Italian bread)
4 garlic cloves put through a garlic press
1 T oregano, fresh or dried
2 T parsley, fresh or dried
1/4 t salt or to taste
1 t black pepper or to taste
1/8 c olive oil

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl mix all ingredients starting with the wet ingredients first, then the bread, meat and spices. Shape them into balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
 Put them in the oven for about an hour or until brown and nicely done.
 Of course, here is the finished product in the tomato sauce.



If you haven't figured out I have a kitchen the size of a galley on a sailboat and am squeezed for space.

Have you ever tried Pringles Multi-Grain Potato Chips.
Here is what they look like out of the container. Now really I am not a big potato chip fan but chips made of whole grain every once in a while (or a blue moon) is okay.  They taste light and fluffy. Have them with your sandwich you eat at work.
Cook something new and try something new. Have a great day.

Cassandra

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment