Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Salmon Pan-Seared with a Honey Soy Glaze with Almonds

I had dinner planned when I went to the grocery store, and I changed my mind in the middle of shopping. I didn't have any idea what I wanted to make so I created my own recipe.
1 lb salmon fillet
1/8 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup honey
1 T minced garlic
1 t Chinese five spice
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup slivered almonds
Mix together the soy sauce, honey, garlic and five spice in a shallow bowl or pan and marinate the fish for half and hour or so.
Meanwhile heat up a large skillet ( I used cast iron) and add the sesame oil on medium-high. Place the salmon, skin side up, in the saute pan, include the marinate ingredients. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the salmon is seared on the top, about 10 minutes. Once seared, add the chicken stock and continue cooking. Turn the salmon over and continue cooking about 10 minutes or so. Cook down the sauce. When the sauce is quite thick in the last few minutes of cooking add the almonds, and stir to brown a little and heat.
Here it is in the pan nearly finished. It was quite tasty.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
Audrey Hepburn



Bead Curiosities


No comments:

Post a Comment