Friday, March 16, 2012

Dining By Rail with a Cuban

I never have cravings for sandwich, but here it is - I had one. Decided to have a Cuban. I have never had one before. I can say that most of the sandwiches I love have both lettuce and tomato on them. As you can see this one does not. I found this recipe in this recipe book...
This is the book I found the recipe in Dining by Rail by James D. Porterfield. The book is very informative with all kinds of information about the placing of the food on a plate, and the different trains and their meals. 
This sandwich was served on the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad. 
Here is the recipe from page 169 of the book.
I like the taste of the pickles in the sandwich and happily add a few extra chips.

The quote I leave you with...
Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.
C. S. Lewis








Bead Curiosities Esty Store

No comments:

Post a Comment