Thursday, October 10, 2013

Roasted Chicken with a Herbes de Provence Stuffing

Originally I was going to make Roasted Chicken with Za'atar Stuffing from Avec Erci by Eric Ripert. Well this round I definitely did not plan very well, because I didn't have any za’atar spice in the spice cabinet. It was either that or purchase sumac and mix together za’atar spice myself. I just wasn't having any luck. So there was only one thing to do, make a replacement - so I did. I replaced the za’atar spice with herbes de Provence.
I followed Eric Ripert's recipe exactly except for the change with the spice. Above you will see I de-strung the bird. and you can see the beautiful stuffing. I used a hearty french bread to stuff the bird. The garlic was wonderful roasted at the bottom the pan. It was so aromatic.

Roasting birds is so easy and fast. This recipe is just as easy, whether you use za’atar spice or herbes de Provence.

Eric Ripert says "Every cook should know how to roast a chicken properly. The process is one of the most basic recipes and a good, roast chicken is one of my favorite things to cook and eat."

Chickens are always in season.






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment