Saturday, October 26, 2013

Here is the Acorn Squash I Made....

I recently came upon a stuffed acorn squash recipe that I just had to try. I collect so many recipes and the recipe is so old, I don't even know where it came from. It was such a very easy recipe.  Last year all I had was butternut squash, and pumpkin, can't forget to try some acorn squash to cook on its own. My Mother would could a filled acorn squash for me when I lived at home.


AUTUMN SQUASH BAKE 4 Servings
Cut 2 Acorn squash (about ¾ pound each) in half. Remove seeds and fiber.
Place cut side down in baking pan with 1/4 inch of water in bottom. Bake in a 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes, or until squash is tender and can  be pierced with a fork.
Meanwhile, combine ¼ cup Butter or margarine, ½ cup Dried tart cherries, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon. Heat on top of stove or in microwave oven until butter melts.
Fill center of each squash half with equal amount of cherry mixture. Mix some of the cooked squash with the cherry filling.
Serve immediately or eat one and put the rest in the refrigerator for later.

I found it quite a treat. A dinner in itself.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment