Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Quarter Pounder Hamburger Meat Loaf


My room mate went off to Italy and left a lone hamburger in the refrigerator. I didn't feel like eating a burger so I decided to dress it up. This definitely does not look like a burger but I can tell you, for me, it would have been one hell of a big burger for me.

Quarter Pounder Hamburger Meatloaf
Serves 1
1/4 pound hamburger
2 portobella mushrooms, chopped fine
1 celery stick (from the center), chopped fine
1 garlic clove, minced
1 egg
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 slice pepperjack cheese
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350F. Beat egg, and add the meat and other ingredients. Shape into a meatloaf. Place on a baking pan and put in the oven. When meatloaf becomes a dark brown but the juices are still flowing red, place (about 15 to 20 minutes) the slice of cheese on top and place back in the oven. Cook for another 10 minutes or when you cheese is nice and crisp, and pull the meatloaf out of the oven.
This meal was not your plain old every day hamburger.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment