Saturday, January 28, 2012

Butternut Squash Velvet

I love Butternut Squash soup. When I go to the supermarket and I see this soup I just have to have it. I just love the flavors. I have never made soup before, the closes I have made is stew. So I decided I had to try. And here is the result....
It was so velvety, and just as good if not better than the soups in the box because I made it myself. As it should be.
And it was from this cookbook. Jacques Pepin is a master.
Above is the recipe. It was very easy and very fast.
Here are all the ingredients plus water.
Everything is in the pot.
After 20 minutes of simmering.
Pureed. Before the cream has been added.
After.
This soup is a treat if you love Butternut Squash.

Have you ever seen the Thunderbirds? That show is so cute. The machines are what make them cool since we never see them walking or running. Here are some role model articles I put together.


I leave this from the words of Marie Curie, Polish scientist
"You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity."


2 comments:

  1. It's one of mine to. That's why I wanted to make a butternut squash soup for my first soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete