Monday, November 7, 2011

Omelet for Breakfast

I have been a busy for the start of a new month. I wrote some articles Role Model: William "Will" Schuester of Glee, Role Model: Fin Hudson of Glee, and Are You Spinning Your Wheels?

I started reading The Two Towers Part Two: The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.

I went to see the play The Woman in Black at the Ivoryton Playhouse which is scary considering it is a ghost story.It is based on the Susan Hill novel. 

I also did something a little different this year - my family and I celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday November 5. My brother is in the Navy and he is overseas, but is home for two weeks for vacation so we wanted to do something special for him.
This omelet was easy to make although I halved the recipe. Here are all the ingredients you need.
Here is the recipe

APPLE-BRIE CHEESE OMELET
½ apple peel- core and thinly slice
2 teaspoons cream or milk
2½ tablespoons butter - divided
salt & pepper
2 eggs
2 tablespoons diced brie cheese

Sauté ½ apple in 1 Tbsp butter.
Beat together two eggs, 2 tsp cream or milk, and salt & pepper until blended but not frothy.
Melt 1½ Tbsp. butter in omelet pan over high heat until foam begins to recede but before beginning to color. Pour in egg mixture and prepare omelet, beating to lighten but still allowing it to set on the bottom. Fill with sautéed apples and 2 Tbsp diced Brie cheese cubes. Fold or roll and slide out of pan onto a heated plate.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment