Wednesday, March 2, 2011

North and South, Ivoryton Playhouse and a Chicken

Patrick Swayze on the red carpet at the 1989 A...Image via WikipediaI have been on another hemisphere recently -- because I started watching  this old television mini-series North and South Book 1 of North and South: The Complete Collection (Books One, Two & Three). The mini-series originally aired on November 5, 1985. All the actors may be dressed in clothing dating back to the pre-civil war but many of the actors have hair styles of the 1980s. Patrick Swayze who sadly died at the age of 57 of pancreatic cancer.

The Ivoryton Playhouse in Ivoryton Connecticut is celebrating it centennial. With the centennial came a change to the website -- it is now interactive.  Here is the link. The first show is The Irish...and How They Got That Way by Frank McCourt.

I recently wrote an article for Triond on Online Recipes and Blogging. I haven't been writing as many articles as I use to.

Tonight I tried making Poulet au  Beurre. I found this recipe in this Classic French Cooking cookbook. It did not turn out the way I wanted it to. I will have to try again. 

Here is a picture of the failed bird.
Despite the fact that I made a mistake with the recipe and will have to try again. I still am able to make the bird  nice and juicy.

Try new things, make mistakes, and have new experiences,

Cassandra
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment