Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chicken Baked With Honey and Soy Sauce and a Banana Split

I notice that many people find it easiest often when they go grocery shopping to buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.  My boyfriend and I did this a couple of times and then I decided to make one for myself. It was easy. There was hardly any worked involved. Most of the time was spent with the chicken roasting in the oven for about an hour. The chicken I made was twice as juicy as the chicken from the supermarket -- why? Because my chicken wasn't be tortured sitting under the horrible heat lights drying out.  

Last night I fixed my boyfriend a luscious  chicken feast.  I made Chicken Baked with Honey and Soy Sauce. The recipe called for a 3 lb chicken but I had bought a roaster because it was on sale and doubled the cooking times. Here is my tasty bird. It has to be just as good as Bree Van de Kamp's from Desperate Housewives.
The lovely recipe I followed was in Jeff Smith's cookbook The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines China Greece Rome. 
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines, China, Greece, Rome, Delicious Recipes From the Cultures That Most Influenced Western Cooking SIGNED
And if I am going to mention a recipe I am definitely suppling the recipe for you to enjoy. It is on page 232 of the book.
 And even though this ice cream is not Chinese, what better to finish off with dessert than Haagan Daaz Banana Split ice cream.
This ice cream is so mouth watering.
Their are real cherries in the ice cream, and the hot fudge really gives it that extra flavor. Why make a banana split when you can buy one? But then, I almost love ice cream as much as I enjoy tea. My favorite tea is Tazo Awake.
TAZO Awake Black Tea, 20-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
I would love to hear about recipes my readers think I should try along with other foods that you love.  I love to get in the kitchen and make something scrumptious.  Hope to hear form you soon.

Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment