Friday, May 24, 2013

Chicken Teriyaki

Chicken teriyaki has always been a favorite in my home. We've had Kikkoman Teryaki Marinade where we have marinaded the chicken in the marinade from the supermarket. I believe I made another teriyaki recipe from someone else online. Now I have this recipe, which is old which I do not even know where it originally came from. Almost all these Asian recipes do seem to have one thing in common - Sherry.

This recipe, just to let you know is written for the broiler, but you, of course, may obviously, also cook it on the grill. It is considered a very might summer recipe, excellent to be served with salad, perfect for Memorial Day Weekend!

For this recipe you will need:
a whole chicken, cut into pieces, or 2 and a half or 3 lbs chicken breasts, thighs, drumsticks, or whatever you like
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 garlic glove, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger
Vegetable oil for oiling roasting pan or grill
Place the chicken pieces into a shallow pan or a marinating pan along with the other rest of the ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for two hours or more.
I placed the chicken pieces in a shallow pan. Turn the at least once if you do put them in the pan. Place the chicken in the refrigerator while the chicken marinates.
After the two hours has passed or when you are ready to broil or grill the chicken. Oil the broiler pan or the grill with the vegetable oil. If broiling, broil the chicken 5 to 6 inches away from the broiler unit. Broil until 8 minutes on each side, basting frequently. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
Here they are fresh out of the oven.
The chicken was excellent, as the recipe was easy, but then you can always count on most marinating recipes to be easy.


I have been a little slow on my writing lately but recently I wrote an article on Comments! Comments! Where are The Comments? you may find interesting if you are a blogger.
If you enjoy Teryaki try the chicken.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am following you now, can you follow me too?
    http://itislovelyfood.blogspot.com/

    Xs Neja

    ReplyDelete