Monday, April 8, 2013

The Cake that Cassandra Made

 This is what I started with to make my cake for my birthday party.  I decided on a Strawberry Cake for Spring because the day before I had been outside for The Big Event with Quinnipiac University and my team was working outside and it was 39 degrees. We were all freezing but we worked hard despite the cold.
Along time ago I took a cake decorating class and although I enjoyed it I found I had some difficulty I found I was very much the perfectionist when it comes to creating the little roses, leaves, flowers, and etc.
Recently I attended the Cake Decorating with King Arthur Flour - Community Education Series hosted by Chef Dennis Littley and King Arthur Flour. The hangout renewed my interest in cake decorating once more.
 I purchased Wilton 9 inch cake pans just for the occasion from my local Jo-ann Fabrics store.
I sprayed the pan with no-stick cooking spray and the cakes came out of the pan very easily.
 I trimmed one of the cakes, but I don't know where my head was (actually I must have been having one of those blonde moments) because I didn't trim the top of the other cake as I should have.
 I purchased 2 cans of vanilla frosting.


 In order to not pull up the crumbs you have to really pile up the frosting.
 Now the inside of the cake is pink that is why I used the pink decorator frosting.
You can see the cake split, and this because I didn't trim the other cake. Split cake or not, the cake still tasted wonderfully.






Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I bet ya the cake still tasted good, even with the split in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did. The cake was for my Mother, and it did not last long at my parents home. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete