Thursday, February 7, 2013

Breakfast:Silver Palate Thick and Rough Oatmeal

When it becomes cold and snowy outside it is time to have Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal for breakfast as opposed to Cheerios. I enjoy a hot bowl of oatmeal, too. Actually I grew up on Quaker Oats, but I if Silver Palate Oatmeal is on Sale! I'll add that to my grocery basket because I find that just as tasty. 

Here is my bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and honey. I sometimes put sugar, milk or blueberries on my oatmeal, depending on what is in season.

I make my oatmeal on the stove. The directions are very simple for the Silver Palate Oatmeal.  Put 3/4 cup milk (I use soy or almond milk, or you can use water) in a small saucepan with a little salt and bring to a boil. Add 1/3 cup Silver Palate Thick and Rough Oatmeal and stir and turn the temperature down to low. Let sit on the stove for 8 to 10 minutes watching and stirring every once in a while. Take off the stove and put the cover on and let stir for 2 minutes then serve in a bowl as desired. 

I am an oatmeal fan whether it is in a cookie or mush in a bowl. It is hearty breakfast. 



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment